For the first time since its inception in Europe, Kardex Remstar is bringing a new Vertical Buffer Module product family to the U.S., starting with the LR 35. This groundbreaking technology should prove to not only be cost effective, energy efficient, and time conscious, but the LR 35 also provides considerate operational benefits to Vertical Buffer Module applications.
The LR 35 offers a streamlined approach to the age-old issue of efficient picking and cost effective handling. Instead of having multiple vertical storage systems each with its own controls and motors, the LR 35 can hold the same number of goods all in one structure. This reduces installation and maintenance costs by up to two-thirds and, generally speaking, makes for a more efficient system.
The LR 35 favorably competes with similar products already on the market. With its lightning fast access to the stored product and the availability of multiple access points, the LR 35 sets the standard for systems of this type and cuts travel time by 60% when compared to traditional static storage systems. Additionally, it’s able to hold a range of products and deliver them to various access points, both manned and unmanned.
In addition to cost and time savings, the LR 35 offers a wide range of benefits for the user and company, such as:
- A streamlined ergonomic design. Whereas older machines would have the user bending down to pick items from bins at floor-level, the LR 35 has one extraction point located at the user’s standing height, thus limiting the mobility the user needs to exert.
- There are virtually no picking errors. Controlled access to the singular extraction point means precision accuracy when orders move to the distribution phase.
- Flexible storage means greater efficiency. Trays and bins can easily be mixed in this new system, allowing you to stock a wide range of item sizes and heights.
- Fast access times. The LR 35 can quickly deliver bins and trays from an entire storage area into one streamlined portal. This creates higher output and faster throughput at the same cost as similar machines.
- Integration simplicity. The LR 35 was designed with integration in mind. Thanks to its modularity and scalability, the machine can be flawlessly adapted to your existing building dimensions, as well as implemented into your ERP or WMS software.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the LR 35 in use and more in depth specifications on cost savings and measurements, please contact one of the Remstar experts at Abel Womack today. Abel Womack is an exclusive dealer for Kardex Remstar in the U.S., based out of New England. Attending ProMat 2017 in Chicago? Be sure to stop by booth 2912 to speak with a representative about the capabilities of the exciting new LR 35.