The evolutionary design of the M-20iA series Fanuc Robot solves two of the oldest problems for industrial robots. The first issue is the time it takes to engineer the robot dressout and the second is the down-time caused when the dressout is disrupted by contact with plant equipment. The innovative M-20iA solves these issues with a hollow upper arm and wrist. This unique design permits the utilities to be neatly contained within the arm, eliminating dress out issues like snagging, tearing and rubbing. A shelf with ample space on the back of the upper arm completes the package by allowing peripheral equipment to be easily mounted. The hollow arm and wrist together with the shelf greatly simplifies the integration engineers job.
To complement the built-in vision, the M-20iA has an integrated vision cable from the J1 base to J3 interface panel. This makes the addition of vision to the robot application much easier.
This design is also a great benefit for offline simulations because the dress out and control boxes can all be designed to fit with in the confined space of the robot arm and eliminates the guess work of dress out interference.
This exceptional design comes without sacrificing any of the robot’s performance specifications. In fact this robot is an industry leader in payload, reach and axes speed. Add this to the industry leader in reliability and this robot is the perfect solution for your robotic application.
M-20iA Series, the Solution for:
- Testing and sampling
Features and Benefits
- 6 degrees of freedom
- ±0.10 mm repeatability
- 20 kg payload at wrist
- Large wrist moments and inertias for real-world EOATs and workpieces
- Supplementary payload mount on J3 casting
- Pneumatic and electrical (8 DI/8 DO) connections for EOAT on J3
- 2D vision cables from J1 to J3 as a standard option
- Compact size, slim wrist, and small footprint permit operation in tight work spaces
- Robot can be floor, angle, wall or ceiling mounted
- High joint speeds maximize throughput
- Absolute encoder positioning eliminates homing at power-up
- Intelligent color graphic teach pendant is network ready
- Built-in Solution Arm, 50 mm hollow wrist and upper arm
- RV reducer and gear drivetrains provide rigidity and performance in a compact package
- Sealed bearings and brushless, maintenance-free AC motors provide protection and improve reliability