Lift truck parts and accessories have a new first class home in Olathe, KS. In response to three years of consistent growth, TVH Parts Company (formerly SMH) constructed a new 225,000 SF state of the art manufacturing and distribution center.
This new center, as well as changes to 5 other facilities, allowed TVH to deliver thousands of TotalSource lift truck replacement parts and accessories within 1 day to a large percentage of their customer base.
The project included:
- Selective pallet racking, shelving, push-back racking
- Remstar horizontal carousels, 2 different conveyor systems with zone diverts
- A mezzanine and Hytrol conveyor with zone diverts
- All system functions are performed in real time
- Changes improved TVH’s ability to deliver items to their customers
- Second phase of project included a 100,000 SF expansion
This project was showcased in the August 2006 edition of Material Handling Management magazine. To read the article, click here.”. The article title is “Material Handling Parts DC Boosts Accuracy”.