Caster Concepts Inc. (CasterConcepts.com) has announced the addition of three new products to its popular ergonomic and health and safety line of casters, wheels, rigs and tread designed to reduce the leading causes of workplace injuries.
The Albion-based manufacturer recently unveiled the Swivel on Swivel Caster, which reduces the amount of force needed to turn and maneuver a cart, and to start rolling a cart when all the wheels are not parallel. The Drive Caster™ integrates an electric motor with an industrial caster to create a single unit that can be easily added to carts, racks, or just aboutanything that rolls on casters. With a mere flip of a switch, operators can effortlessly move heavy loads without fear of injury.
The Total Lock Brake locks a caster and eliminates all movement, including swiveling and wheel turning, creating a system that could render popular floor lock brakes obsolete.
Each of the new Caster Concepts' products significantly reduces exertion and the risk of injuries from over-exertion such as pushing and pulling. Over-exertion is the leading cause of workplace injuries in the United States, costing businesses more than $15 billion.
"When companies are looking for productivity, it's important that they work smarter rather than harder. Generally, harder work leads to increase in the injury rate and increased costs to the company," said Dr. William Dobbins, president and CEO of Caster Concepts. "The right wheels and casters can play an important part in cutting down on such workplace incidents. With thousands of projects under our belt, we're very qualified to offer solutions that can make a huge difference for our consumers."
Here's a look at the other products in the Caster Concepts ergonomic and health and safety line developed since 2014.
- ErgoMaxx: The newest edition to the Caster Concepts ergonomic line, ErgoMaxx is a rig designed to reduce the amount of push-force required to turn or start rolling when all the wheels are not parallel. The maintenance-free ErgoMaxx will reduce shoulder and back injuries.
- TWERGO: This is a multi-wheel-in-one caster wheel, with a patented face design that reduces energy exerted to start, turn and continue rolling. Twergo comes with twin or triple wheels that rotate separately, reducing friction when turning, resulting in less force exerted to turn. When tested against conventional caster wheels, TWERGO achieves 25 percent average reduction in initial push force needed to start moving a cart."
- TWERGO Lite is the ultimate two-inch wide caster. It achieves an average of 25 percent reduction in initial push force on loads totaling 2600 pounds or less. It takes advantage of the patented face design that our TWERGO wheel offers, but does not have the dual wheel friction reducing-capabilities or weight capacity of TWERGO. TWERGO Lite is designed to replace the standard two-inch wide caster and add ergonomic benefits while staying competitively priced.
- ErgoTread: This uniquely designed polyurethane tread that returns energy, resulting in less force exerted to begin and continue rolling. This custom formulation also ach
- ieves a high resistance to debris, reduces noise and won't damage most flooring.
- CasterShox: CasterShox casters were created with a patented shock-absorbing technology. Its innovative design integrates the company's patented SHOX absorption system. The design muffles roughly 70 percent of cart noise. This caster also dissipates shock at the source, reducing impact.
About Caster Concepts
Caster Concepts designs and builds industrial casters and wheels for virtually any application. ISO 9001-2008 certified, Caster Concepts manufactures heavy-duty products to withstand impact, corrosion, temperature extremes and industrial chemical environments. Caster Concepts multi-functional casters and wheels provide solutions in industrial, automotive, food service, aerospace, material handling and many other demanding markets. Visit www.casterconcepts.com.