It’s 7:30 am and you just pulled up to your first of twenty stops for the day. You unbuckle your seat belt and attempt to climb down from the cab of your truck. All the while feeling the fullness of the all-you-can-eat buffet you stopped at last night at a joint out on I-90. Your forehead and brow are damp from the after effect of the “meat sweats.” You finally make it to the back of the trailer and unlock the rear doors and gingerly make your way on to the lift gate for the first offload. As you stare into the trailer, you see endless pallets stacked and packed from the night crew. All you have to maneuver through the sea of wood is a manual pallet jack with a notch in one of the load wheels. You utter to yourself, “if only I had a powered jack that would be easy to use and work in tight spaces.” Well, look no further.
Raymond 8210 walkie pallet jack
Raymond designed the 8210 walkie pallet jack with the delivery driver in mind. The 8210 offers the versatility and maneuverability that the competitive models do not address. For example, the ability to pin wheel the jack with the handle in the upright position and not have to worry about the handle hitting you right in the gut in tight spaces. The 8210 is a 4500lb capacity unit that is very well equipped and designed. Standard features include:
- Click2Creep – Raymond’s exclusive Click2Creep function enables the truck to maneuver with the handle in the upper brake position, resulting in a tighter turning radius with the handle tucked securely against the frame.
- Static Torque Control – Separating speed from power improves operator control—especially at slow speeds. Our exclusive ACR Static Torque Speed Control gives you the torque you need to crawl up and over lift gates and curbs with smooth, controlled operation at all speeds. No need to goose the throttle to power over obstacles.
- Electric Brake Release – Releases the electric brake during low battery conditions without having to remove the truck covers. Our exclusive design retains braking ability when the handle is in the brake position, increasing operator control.
- Automatic Speed Control – Truck speed plays a significant role in load stability. Raymond walkies automatically adjust speed in the Click2Creep mode. Travel speed is slowed when the handle is in the upper operating range and the operator is standing closer to the truck.
- AC Traction Control – Smoother speed transitions give you the control you need to move the truck an inch at a time to avoid damage in tight spaces.
- IP 65 Protection – With sealed contactors, connectors, controllers and cabling, your electronics can take a pressure washing and still reliably perform.
- Stainless Steel Pins – Operating in wet environments corrodes steel pins. Stainless steel undercarriage pins are standard to prevent corrosion and simplify service.
- Ductile Iron – Nearly twice the strength with greater resiliency than low‐carbon steel. Raymond uses ductile iron in high stress areas such as the drive unit frame and undercarriage components.
- Universal Pack – Features a solid‐state, high‐frequency charger giving you the flexibility to operate either wet cell or sealed, maintenance‐free batteries. Charging gauge lets operators know when the pack is powered to go.
- Optional Thin Plate Technology Pack – Maintenance‐free pack with thin plate technology can be recharged in less than 3 hours compared to lead‐acid batteries that require up to 8 hours. Optimized for opportunity charging and backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Programmable Parameters – Lets managers customize performance to fit the work environment.
- Reflective Logos – Raymond reflective logos increase the truck’s visibility in low-light environments.
Well, it’s the end of a 10-hour day and after the 20th stop, you finally digested last nights buffet and are already thinking about dinner. Just think, if you had the Raymond 8210 walkie pallet jack, you would have already finished dinner and moved on to dessert. Time to put in that request with management for a new Raymond walkie.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.