The Protective Guarding Manufacturers Association (ProGMA) is hosting an on-floor educational seminar at MODEX 2016 on April 4 in Atlanta. The seminar, ‘Protect Your People…And Your Wallet: Safety and Guarding Solutions for the Industrial Facility,’ will provide attendees with a virtual factory tour highlighting many proven safeguarding solutions to protect personnel, products and facilities while maintaining operational efficiency.
“Accidents can happen as materials are made, moved, and stored and all areas of the warehouse are considered a top priority since each piece of equipment poses its own risk,” states Claire Porter of A-Safe, a ProGMA member company. “The importance of those risks will be discussed during the MODEX seminar and ProGMA members will offer insightful knowledge and solutions that can better protect employees, equipment and profits.”
Key Seminar Takeaways include:
- Learn how to develop an industrial safety checklist by learning about common areas where guarding is often overlooked. This discussion applies to both users of guarding solutions and distributor salesforce who want to identify opportunities.
- Learn best practices for proactive safeguarding throughout an industrial facility including mobile equipment, robotics, conveyors, storage rack, loading docks, elevated platforms and many other types of equipment.
- See how various guarding technologies can be used together to protect personnel from injury while protecting product, equipment and facilities from costly damage.
- Learn about specific codes and specifications that drive various requirements and the right way to safely guard those applications.
- From safety netting to steel mesh guarding, guardrail and bollards of plastic or steel, safety gates to light curtains, see how various guarding technologies can provide different or even similar levels of protection against the same threat of damage or injury.
The seminar will be held on Monday April 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM- 3:45 PM in Theater G on the MODEX Show floor. Presenters include Eddie Murphy of SpaceGuard Products, David Brentz of Industrial Netting, and Chad Draxler of Steel King Industries.
For more information on ProGMA’s educational seminar, please visit click here.
MODEX 2016 is the industry’s leading supply chain expo. MODEX will be held at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center from April 4-7, 2-16. For more information and complimentary registration to attend MODEX 2016, please visit the MODEXShow.com.
The Protective Guarding Manufacturers Association’s mission is to broadly promote the benefits, advantages, and use of protective barrier and guarding equipment in the workplace. The Industry Group promotes general safety and health aspects of work environments for people with or in the vicinity of mechanical equipment and material storage. ProGMA also provides promotion of and education about member companies’ technologies.
MHI is an international trade association that has represented the industry since 1945. MHI members include material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and systems manufacturers, integrators, consultants, publishers, and third party logistics providers. Much of the work of the industry is done within its product- and solution- specific groups. The association also sponsors trade events, such as ProMat and MODEX to showcase the products and services of its member companies and to education industry professionals on the productivity solutions provided through material handling and logistics.