Modular construction can make the most out of your available space in as much as half the time it takes to build a permanent structure. Here are the top 10 reasons to choose a PortaFab modular office structure or portable building system compared to conventional construction.
1. Flexibility: This system allows for a master-planned design while offering many customizable options and the ability for future changes, expansion or relocation. Should you ever move or reorganize facilities, you can pick it up and take it with you.
2. Offsite Engineering: The modular components of the system are pre-engineered off-site. This reduces the amount of time required to design and manufacture your building. A few benefits to this include less interruption on the warehouse floor and faster assembly from start to finish.
4. Lower Labor Costs: Prefabricated components install quickly and easily. This results in lower labor cost compared to conventional construction.
5. Design Appeal: Standardized, aesthetically appealing modular components provide complete design consistency. PortaFab manufactures all products in compliance with ISO standards with a focus on continuous quality improvement and is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
6. Low Maintenance: Portafab’s durable wall panels are virtually maintenance-free, requiring little service beyond occasional surface cleaning.
7. Cost Effective: The depreciation period for conventional construction is 39 years, while depreciation for modular offices, mezzanines and portable buildings is only 7 years. This results in accelerated tax depreciation advantages and a quicker return on investment.
8. Environmentally Friendly: Less construction material is wasted when building with modular components, and you can reuse and repurpose materials. Companies can also earn LEED credits to improve their green building rating.
9. Downside: There really are no downsides to this system. Although it’s possible to build a lower cost structure, the benefits of longevity, flexibility, portability, customization, aesthetics and lack of maintenance more than make up for any minor cost differences.
10. Turnkey Process: Abel Womack supplies a single-source installation with a turnkey process that includes local support and assistance.
In our experience, there are countless ways PortaFab systems can improve your facility. With an extensive line of modular systems, including cleanrooms, endless applications, and decades of experience, imagine what you can accomplish with modular construction.
Share your experience with any modular system you have used.