Streamlined functionality and automated processes will further improve supply chain for retailers and wholesale distributors
The fast growth of online retail has brought many operational challenges for traditional retailers and wholesale distributors. Outbound order processes cannot scale to meet order volumes of direct-to-consumer shipments; unpredictable demand creates bottlenecks in the warehouse; customer-specific packing slips can be a logistical nightmare. To address these and other hurdles to effectively managing e-fulfillment operations, the AccellosOne WMS now includes enhanced e-fulfillment order processing functionality to streamline high-volume internet retail operations.
- Reduce picker travel time with a unique process for wave-planning that groups batch picks by item proximity.
- Reduce order preparation time with 100 percent paper-free picking, while maintaining full item visibility throughout the order lifecycle.
- Optionally pre-define packing stations based on unique variables such as pack size or order profile.
- If the desired process includes end of line packing slip creation after the order is picked, print latency is eliminated using proprietary "print and store" technology.
- The elimination of PCs during packing means that stations can be created on-the-fly to meet demand or workload can be dynamically redistributed. This is accomplished through behind the scenes parcel shipping and ship confirmation using mobile devices.
- Seamlessly integrate pick walls, carousels, conveyors and pick to light systems into workflow.
"Distributors are working hard to keep up with the latest demands of online fulfillment, but doing it efficiently and accurately can be a challenge," said Carl Marin, general nanager for AccellosOne WMS at HighJump. "We expanded the out-of-the-box functionalities of the AccellosOne WMS to help our customers get ahead of this shift and keep a solid bottom line. These added features further support our position as the only vendor that can provide integrated warehouse management software, small parcel transportation management, web storefront and EDI."
The powerful component architecture of HighJump's solutions allows distributors and internet retailers the flexibility to choose the functionality they need to scale their business.
HighJump is a global provider of supply chain management software and trading partner network technology that streamlines the flow of inventory and information from supplier to store shelf. We support more than 15,000 customers in 77 countries, ranging from small businesses to global enterprises. Our functionally rich and highly adaptable solutions efficiently manage customers' warehousing, manufacturing, transportation, distribution, trading partner integration, delivery routes, retail stores and eCommerce. For more information, visit http://www.highjump.com.
HighJump is a trademark of HighJump Software Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.